Dental Technician (Ceramist)
- Full time ongoing (38 hours per week)
- Close to public transport and on-site parking
Andent (part of Modern Dental Pacific Group) is a Melbourne, Victorian based dental laboratory servicing the Australian dental industry. We specialise in the fabrication of quality restorations for dental prosthetics, specialising in implant, ceramic and crown and bridge procedures. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality products in a timely manner using the most advanced technology available, through our state of the art facilities. This position is based at Abbotsford.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working in conjunction with a wider team of dental professionals you will be primarily responsible for:
- Building porcelain onto zirconia/metal substructure.
- Work on remake/adjustment cases to determine cause of issue and repair as required.
- Stain and glaze of prosthetic appliances such as crowns, bridges and implant restorations of a high standard.
- Provide general dental technical services as required.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Control to ensure manufactured products meet appropriate standards.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Technology or similar;
- Extensive experience working with Ceramics (minimum of 2 years);
- Strong English verbal communication skills;
- Good hand-eye coordination to complete precise and detailed work;
- An eye for form and design;
- Able to concentrate for long periods;
- Strong reading comprehension and critical thinking;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team to achieve team objectives;
- Excellent time management skills.
All applicants must either be an Australian citizen/resident or hold a valid working visa.
To apply please submit an up to date resume and cover letter outlining why you are the right person for the job.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.