Dental Technician (Proform)
- Full time ongoing (38 hours a week)
- Close to public transport & Onsite Parking
Andent (part of Modern Dental Pacific Group) is a Melbourne, Victorian based dental laboratory servicing the Australian dental industry. We specialise in the fabrication of quality restorations for dental prosthetics, specialising in implant, ceramic and crown and bridge procedures.
This position will join our Proform department that specialises in thermoforming dental products like mouth guards, night guards and snore appliances. Extensive knowledge of dental coupled with advanced design techniques, guarantees we produce a premium product.
Our state of the art thermoforming equipment, provides a manufacturing process in which a plastic sheet is heated to a pliable forming temperature, stretched into a mold, cooled to a finished shape and trimmed to create the desired product. Our aim is to provide patients with superior fit and comfort, ensuring they wear the guard longer and use it continuously. This position is based at Abbotsford.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working in conjunction with a wider team of dental professionals you will be primarily responsible for:
- Producing thermoformed appliances such as splints, mouth guards and/or basic prosthetics of a high standard.
- To prepare impressions by trimming and preparing gypsum models for the production of prosthetic appliances.
- Participate in the research and testing of new products, techniques and appliances.
- Work directly with dentists, other Dental technicians, laboratories, or dental industry associates as required.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Control to ensure manufactured products meet appropriate standards.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Technology or similar;
- Experience working with removable prosthetics (minimum of 2 years);
- Strong English verbal communication skills
- Good hand-eye coordination to complete precise and detailed work.
- An eye for form and design
- Able to concentrate for long periods.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team to achieve team objectives.
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively perform different tasks rapidly one right after the other.
All applicants must either be an Australian citizen/resident or hold a valid working visa with no restrictions.
To apply please submit an up to date resume and cover letter outlining why you are the right person for the job.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.