1. What is this policy about?
2. What information do you collect and hold about me?
We collect and hold information that is provided to us by you or a third party. This includes information about you, and if you are a dental practitioner, you have provided to us about your patients and information about your use of our products. Information that you might have provided to us includes, but is not restricted to:
- Name and address
- Contact details – phone, fax, email, mobile
- Products enquired about or purchased
- Patient and case specific details
- Website usage
Personal information can also include transactional information such as the type and quantity of products that you purchase, and any other information of a personal nature which you provide including payment methods. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information via bulletin boards or chat on the website it may be viewed, collected and used by other people visiting the website. While we strive to protect our users’ information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
We collect that information:
(a) via forms you complete and give to us; or
(b) on our website; or
(c) from third party providers, such as organisations that contain lists of dental practitioners.
We typically hold your personal information within electronic databases and hard copy records.
3. Purposes for which information is collected, held, used and disclosed
We collect, hold, use and disclose information about you to provide you with a particular product or service and for related purposes such as:
- assisting you with information about the use and application of our products;
- maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
- helping us to identify and inform you about other products or services that are likely to be useful for you;
- protecting you (and us) from error and fraud;
- preventing a serious legal or financial infringement;
- improving the web site; and
- developing a better understanding of our customers’ needs.
- activate targeted advertising campaigns by disclosing information to online platforms including social media outlets.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose such personal information so that we may:
- provide you with the products you purchase;
- provide you with information about the products;
- tell you about products and services and provide information to our third party marketing partners, subject to this policy;
- respond to your requests for information;
- process data you provide;
- process online purchases and payments;
- send you products you order;
- filter the products and information we offer; and
- open, maintain and administer user accounts.
We may also collect non-personal information via our website such as your IP address, browser type, the date and time of your visit, the particular pages you accessed and the information you download. For more information, please read the section on cookies below.
We also use personal information for editorial and feedback purposes (to the extent that is explained when guests provide the information), to process sales or to contact you about products or services or send you information that may be of interest to you.
4. Are there any other times when you use my information for any other purpose or give this information to someone else?
We recognise the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information. Other than disclosure as required by law (for example, disclosure to various Government departments or to courts) or to the extent necessary to fulfil any order for goods placed by you (including to our manufacturing partners and service providers) or for another purpose set out above or in the event of a sale of all or part of our business, our policy is that we do not give your personal information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so or we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act to do so.
Some of our manufacturing partners and service providers are located overseas, which means we are likely to disclose your personal information overseas for the purpose of completing your order. This may include members of the Modern Dental Group in the United States, the European Union or China.
We also share information with other members of our body corporate group, who share common IT, accounting and marketing systems and teams.
5. Do I have to receive marketing information from Andent?
- use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the email sent to you
- email us on [email protected]
- calling the Customer Service team on 03 9650 6766
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving communications, it will not affect administration and transaction related communications.
Other websites accessible through the site (through hyperlinks, advertisements or otherwise) have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices.
Site visitorship data is information about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual’s identity. We use anonymous data regarding online behaviour to better understand how people use our site. To that end, we may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behaviour along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve our site. The kind of information we may collect includes:
- the date and time you access the site;
- your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the pages you visit;
- the links you click;
- the features used;
- how and when you interact with the site;
- the content, images and advertisements you select; and
- how you arrived at the Products and where you go when you leave.
Like most other websites, most site visitorship data is collected using data collection tools such as web beacons, cookies, embedded web links and other software (together, “Data Collection Tools”). Data Collection Tools are typically small data files or software that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. Most browsers and display software can be set to inform you when Data Collection Tools are being used or other tracking software is being sent to your computer or Personal Communication Device. They also provide you with the option of refusing such Data Collection Tools. However, refusing to allow the use of Data Collection Tools may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, certain areas or features of the site, including preventing you from purchasing products.
Data Collection Tools may store the information in your shopping cart and allow us to relate your use of the site to other information about you, including your Personal Information. We may do this to improve and personalize your experience and help resolve problems you experience through your use of the website.
7. How can I access or seek to correct of the information you keep about me?
You may request us to provide access to your personal information or to request its correction by calling the Customer Service team on 03 9650 6766, or email us on [email protected]. We aim to respond to most requests within 14 days, or if the request is more detailed, within 30 days. Andent may recover from you its reasonable cost of supplying you with access to your personal information.
8. Is the information Andent has about me secure?
Andent has security measures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we may from time to time provide encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error. We may implement certain physical, technological and managerial procedures to safeguard the personally identifiable information we collect. However, these procedures do not guarantee that the information will remain secure.
9. What to do if you have a problem, question or complaint?